Monday, April 29, 2013

Son Rise: Ram Mohan Naidu


By SNV Sudhir

Visakhapatnam, April 28, 2013: Former TDPP leader K. Yerrannaidu's son, K. Rammohan Naidu, barely 26 years old, has decided to join the TD and carry forward his father's legacy. 

 Lokesh Naidu is not the only US-educated young blood in the Telugu Desam. Late TD leader Yerrannaidu's son K. Rammohan Naidu, has joined the fray too. An MBA graduate from the Long Island University, USA, 26-year-old Rammohan Naidu, who did his schooling in Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram, Delhi, was spotted taking a prominent place in the grand meeting organised in Vizag to mark the conclusion of TD chief N. Chandrababu Naidu's “historic“ padayatra, Vastunna Meekosam.

“Being a politician's son, politics was always at the back of my mind. But I never thought I would venture into so early in life. The untimely death of my father and the ensuing support from his followers triggered my early entry. I actually wanted to start my own business venture,“ says Rammohan.

When asked what his role in the TD is, he says he wants to motivate the youth and get them to actively participate in the TD party . “The youth has distanced themselves from politics thinking it is a dirty profession. I want to change that mindset,“ he says, adding, “I want to con tinue my father's goals. He was a sincere worker for the TD for 30 years. He fought for the rights of the backward classes and minorities. I will continue his good work.“

Politics in the state today is only about the Congress or Jagan. So, where does he fit in? “Things have changed.
After Chandrababu's padayatra, there is a spurge of confidence and a positive spirit in the party and its cadres. There is excellent support from people across the state.
My plan is to keep this confidence running and build on it the success of TDP in the next elections,“ he explains.

Despite being a famous politician's son, Rammohan Naidu's life was like any youngster -had many friends, was passionate about photography, loves playing cricket and is an avid reader.
“Thanks to technology, I'm in touch with my old friends,“ he says.
Rammohan also plays cricket with young boys during his trips to villages in Srikakulam. “I used to read a lot of novels earlier.
Now, I don't have time, but I've been reading a lot of political material,“ he says.
Whenever he can take off from political activity he likes to spend time in Delhi with his friends.

No comments: