Monday, September 30, 2013

Sabbam Hari keen to contest on YSRC ticket

By SNV Sudhir

Visakhapatnam, Sep 30, 2013: Despite being snubbed by the YSRC, the Congress MP from Anakapalli, Mr Sabbam Hari, expressed his keenness to contest on a YSRC ticket in 2014.

Two days ago YSR Congress spokesperson Shoba Nagireddy had said that Mr Hari was hanging around Mr Reddy but he has nothing to do with YSRC and does not even have a primary membership in the party.

Mr Hari's recent comment in an interview to a news channel is said to have irked Mr Reddy.

 Mr Hari on Monday reiterated that what he said in his TV interview was exactly what Mr Reddy and his mother party honorary president Y.S. Vijayalakshmi had said on the party's stand for the 2014 elections.

“I did not add anything new to what Jagan and Vijayamma said on earlier occasions regarding their support for the government at the Centre if elected to power and secures a good number of seats in 2014. I said the YSRC will support either the UPA or a third front but not the communal BJP-led NDA. I think there is some misunderstanding on Jagan's part regarding my interview with the news channel. The media has played some mischief. If Jagan calls me I will explain what happened,” said the MP.

Answering a query on his plans, Mr Hari said he would contest the 2014 polls on a YSRC ticket if possible. Till then he would continue with the Congress.

“Its true that I don’t even have a primary membership in the YSRC. Barring Jagan and YV Subba Reddy, I don’t know anybody else in the party. If they give me a party ticket I will contest from the YSRC in 2014 polls,” he said and predicted that the YSRC would from the government after 2014 polls whether in divided or united Andhra Pradesh.







No comments: