Saturday, October 6, 2012

‘He tried to burn me’


By SNV Sudhir
Visakhapatnam, Oct 6, 2012: Tired of being under her mother’s “control” and to escape the alleged “harassment” by her uncle, 19-year-old actor Divya ran away from home on Tuesday.
Divya shot to fame with her role in a low-budget film Oka Romantic Crime Katha. She is now starring as the lead in Pranayam, another low budget movie directed by Vinay Prakash.
“I can’t tolerate my uncle Raju, who is very close to my mother. He even threatened to burn me with acid for not listening to him. My mother never supported me and told me to obey him,” claimed the young actor.
Divya said Raju would always accompany her, even when she spoke with or went out with friends.
“I stayed on a railway platform without food or water,” said Divya who now approached a TV channel seeking help.
Divya’s mother Lokeswari, said, “We are concerned about her career as she is just a teenager. We only wanted to ensure that she is away from any ‘outside’ attractions. We want her back.”
PM Palem Inspector K. Venkat Rao said that the police has not received any formal complaint from Divya.But the cops did get Divya admitted in a hospital.
“Divya is suffering from depression. It will take at least two days for her to recover,” said Dr C.M.A. Zaheer Ahmed of the A.N. Beach hospital.

No comments: